06 June 2010

busy!

Well I figured I'd give a quick update on everything that's been going on.

I am officially a senior! Now I have to study A LOT for the MCATs I plan on taking over the summer. So not only do I have to study my platform, politics, and current events, but I also have restudy chemistry, biology, organic chemistry, and physics. So much fun..not. But it will all be worth it when I (hopefully!) get into the med school that I want to attend!

I came home June 2nd from school and only had a little over an hour to unpack and settle in before I attended a dinner with the Gloversville Lions Club. They were able to learn more about me and my platform, as well as what I have been doing to prepare for the Miss New York pageant. They were impressed that I was a pre-med major and that I would like to become a reconstructive and cosmetic surgeon. It was a very nice dinner and it was good to meet a great organization in the community.

My shoes for Miss New York came in! I am obsessed with shoes, so I was incredibly excited when they both came on the same day: it was like shoes christmas! They are gorgeous! Now I just have to find a way to make room in my closet for them...

This has nothing to do with being Miss Fulton County, but I am redoing my room and the process started yesterday with starting to take off the wallpaper! The same pink and white wallpaper that has been there since I was 2--it was time for a change. This is going to take forever though, so it has become my summer project on top of everything else I am going to be doing. Can you tell that I like to stay busy?

Today, actually in about an hour, I will be leaving to participate in the telethon for the Children's Miracle Network. It will be on WMHT, which I believe is Fox 23. I am very excited for this. I have been involved with the Children's Miracle Network on many different occassions. When I was a freshman I actually completed my required 60 hours of community service through the Children's Miracle Network. I wrote stories about the families that had been helped by the organization, helped to organize events, and even participated in the annual radio-thon. I really enjoyed my time with them and I learned a lot about the organization and the many families that they have helped, and decided to become a Miracle Maker. We are going to be televised from 3-5, so please tune in and donate what you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment